This is my first post about Integers. I will be talking about Adding and Subtracting.
In class we made a movie about adding and subtracting integers. Here is my movie.
This is what I know about adding and subtracting integers.
- positive + positive = positive
- negative + negative= negative
- positive+ negative= positive
- negative+ positive= negative
- negative- negative= negative/positive
- negative- positive= negative
- positive-negative= positive
- positive-positive= positive/negative
- You look for which value is higher than the other. So if your absolute value is higher that is the sign for what your answer is.
- If your absolute value is a negative. Then your answer will be a negative.
- If your absolute value is a positive. Then your answer will be a positive.
- If you add a positive and a positive together it will make a positive.