This is my first post about Integers. I will be talking about Adding and Subtracting.
In class we made a movie about adding and subtracting integers. Here is my movie.
This is what I know about adding and subtracting integers:
- When you can't remove what is not there you have to add a zero pair
- Circle to dedicate zero pairs or removing
- Finding the absolute value of an integer can help you find the right sign to use
You can also solve an adding integer questions with a number line or with chips, like so in the pictures below.
- Make sure you put a dot where you start
- Use an arrow to know where you went from the number line
- Circle the answer in the number line
- Write how much you added
- Put a legend or key on your page
- put the chips under the question so its more organize and easy to see
- make sure to circle or indicate the zero pairs