This is my first post about integers i will be talking about adding them and subtracting them
In class we made a movie about adding and subtracting integers. Here is my movie
This is what i know about adding and subtracting integers.
- If you have a negative or a positive you have a zero pair.
- If you have a negative and a negative you need to add them because you need a negative and a positive to make a zero pair.
- If you have a positive and a positive you need to add them because you need a positive and negative to make a zero pair.
- You can do it with a number line or positive circles and negative circles.
- You can use words too.
- If you can not remove an integer number you have to make it a zero pair so you can get the right answer.
- If there is a plus sign it an and, and if there is an subtract sight its remove
- You can say (ex: 3+(-2)=+1 have 3 and owe 2 or 3 and -2).
- If you need help to find which one is negative or a positive you can just put a + and it represents a positive and a negative.
- If a positive and a negative combined it does not make anything so that's why it's called zero pairs and you need to circle them too.